Roasted Mini Pepper BBQ Chicken Bites – an enjoyable and nourishing way to replace nachos!
I seriously can’t wait for summer to arrive. It’s funny because I’m trying to push my yoga practice and it’s always about staying present. However, all I dream of is the sun and the warmth of its rays, shining down on my face when I stuff these mini pepper bites into my mouth. I also dream about things like this, (even though I still have them all year round anyway).
Omg this dish has been on repeat and now, I’m a little worried I’m getting too much chicken in my diet LOL!
I’m a hardcore nachos lover. So much so, I didn’t really want to give it up when I went Paleo. It was quite weird actually, I had to ask myself why I seemed to be slightly addicted to them. I would go to my favourite cinema house (Odeon) mainly because I knew they had some killer nachos waiting for me. Now, I obviously don’t just mean the tortilla chips but the whole experience: the salsa, guac , cheese and my favourite little monsters: JALAPEÑOS.
I can’t even miss those nachos with this recipe. I don’t even think about trying to re-create the tortilla chips with paleo flours; utterly pointless and unnecessary when there is something this divine to fill its place!
This Roasted Mini Pepper BBQ Chicken Bites recipe was inspired by Sam from PancakeWarriors and I am so happy I stumbled upon it! The idea of using the peppers as the chips is purely awesome. Have you tried peppers roasted? Yo, it will enlighten your palate!
It uses the same no-cook BBQ sauce in my Paprika & Thyme Veggie Fries and I love it because it makes this recipe all the more simple. I hate associating food with guilt but if you’re the type to have nachos for 3 people in one sitting (*coughs* me), then you’ll feel absolutely virtuous for scarfing these babies down!
- 500 g Mini Peppers halved
- Coconut or Olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 olives
- 2 spring onions
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp worcestershire
- ½ tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp organic blackstrap molasses
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of Onion Powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Spread your halved mini peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Make sure to check at 20 minute mark to make sure they are not burning as it is also dependent on your oven.
- While peppers are roasting, in a large bowl, mix your BBQ sauce ingredients.
- Add in your shredded chicken and mix together, until chicken is fully coated.
- Once peppers are done, let them rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- Transfer them to a serving dish (or leave as is), add your chicken into each half.
- Sprinkle your olives, jalapeños and spring onions on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this with your fav guac dip and you're set!
Keep up-to-date with the latest happenings on WhittyPaleo here!
Another Mexican Peppers dish awaits you!