Easy Coconut Herb Crackers / Biscuits. Perfect for a midnight snack.
It’s late at night, you’re trying to sleep and your tummy starts singing the deepest blues. You probably try your hardest to ignore it and make up a fantasy in your head to take your mind somewhere else; but to no avail. Even a full glass of water doesn’t help because 20 minutes later, your tummy is having its own rave.
We’ve all been there.
The worst is when (1) you’re trying not to eat late at night, so you can stick to your diet, (2) you’re too lazy to get up and make anything to eat; even if it was healthy and (3) there IS NOTHING to eat.
Such sad times but be sad no more! This recipe will hopefully solve the late night hunger problems! These coconut herb crackers are the bomb! So simple and super effective at curbing the pangs without any real effort – because why would you want to make anything half asleep, right?
These crackers are everything. They have a good crunch and a nice herb flavour – which also depends on what herb you use! See, I love to give you recipes that you can twist, adapt and ultimately make your own. I think that’s the goal of this journey. I want to help you develop your own healthy relationship with food and not necessarily give you mine. We all have different likes and tastes so it only makes sense.
This recipe is super adaptable; they are herb crackers which would make them savoury, however, if you wanted to make them sweet. you could totally substitute some honey instead! Whatever tickles your fancy!
It also doesn’t end with eating them alone, you can use them in place of nachos with guacamole (as seen in one of the pictures)! Sometimes, if I’m feeling really adventurous, I would make the crackers the base for a smoked salmon canapé – honestly, with a creative mind, the uses for these crackers are endless! Have a gander!
When making these crackers, you want to make sure you spread the batter out as flat as you possibly can; you want it to be crunchy not bread-like. Technically, you could make this a flat bread but I think the crunch makes eating these more fun. Once again, be sure to make these to your liking, let me know what variations you make!
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup of Tapioca Flour
- 4 medium-sized Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoons of Dried Sage or Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Drop all your ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into a large baking tray, you want to make sure it is large enough to get the batter about 1/8” thick – so as flat as possible.
- Place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take the tray out and score the batter into the shape you would like. Do not use a knife, a spatula will do.
- Place the tray back in the oven for a further 25 minutes or until golden brown. You can also check to see whether the crackers are done by pressing down on one – if it bounces, leave it in for a bit longer and if not they are ready to go!