Paleo Warm Grilled Pineapple Salsa – delicious caramelized pineapple makes this a salsa with a sweet flare!
So I know I said in my last post that this might be something of a pulled pork week. Well, I halfway meant it! LOL! You know those short interludes you might get when you listen to an album? This Paleo Warm Grilled Pineapple Salsa is that interlude! A fresh, warm, sweet salsa that pairs perfectly with my next recipe – can you guess what that might be?
I’ll give you a hint: it’s something Mexican. I think I might need a tab in my recipe index just for my Mexican recipes because it’s now an evident habit. Though, I’m really not complaining – the food is always so good!
When you’re making the grilled pineapple, be careful not to completely scorch them. See, I made that mistake once (or twice) and then corrected it – the taste of burnt pineapple is not cute. Also, I used a griddle pan because I still haven’t bought a grill and I cannot justify getting one any time soon..
It keeps raining in the UK. No wait, let me clarify; we had three days of sunshine after some snow in April and we are basically back to square one. I love the UK but I don’t think I can take this any longer!
Anyway, this recipe is super easy, fairly quick to whip up and goes with just about anything you can put salsa on! Definitely one for you to keep handy.
- ½ large pineapple (sliced, but not cored, yet)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1-2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- A bunch of coriander leaves (chopped, cilantro)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
- Place your sliced pineapples in a bag and toss with oil and honey.
- Put grill pan on medium-high heat (or grill).
- Grill pineapples for 2-3 minutes on each side or until caramelized (try not to scorch! I learned my lesson)
- Once all pineapples are done, cut out the core, dice and mix with the rest of your salsa ingredients.
- Squeeze in your lime juice, toss and enjoy!
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!