Vegan Courgette Pasta with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce – your favourite spiralized courgette (zucchini) in a deliciously creamy sun dried tomato and garlic sauce that only takes 10 minutes to make. Paleo, Gluten free & Dairy free recipe.
This recipe reminds me of when I first had oysters. Random, I know but hear me out. It was a really posh restaurant in London, you could tell just by looking at all the pictures of celebrities on the wall just how posh (I think I caught Madonna & Rihanna there)…
So we’re at this restaurant and we order the oysters, (which my body did not completely agree with lol) and then for mains, we had lobster spaghetti. It was basically lobster meat in a creamy, rich tomato based sauce. Btw, yes, I could have gone with something more paleo friendly but my friend did not stop raving about it lol *shrugs*
I wanted to re-create something similar and this led to this Vegan Courgette Pasta with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce.
You can probably tell by my posts that I’m basically in love with courgette (zucchini) noodles or “courgetti/zoodles” so I’m so glad I’ve found another sauce to pair it with. The sun dried tomato and garlic sauce, is thick, rich and creamy, with a little spice and oh so delightful.
It’s such a quick meal (seriously, you make this in 10 minutes flat), perfect for those nights where you want something delicious but don’t want to spend ages in the kitchen for a decent meal.
Trust me, I’ve had times where I dont want to cook anything but if I don’t cook, I basically don’t eat. Then, when I do cook, I end up with an inedible mess ha – miserable is just an understatement.
So, give yourself something different for dinner. If you don’t want a vegan meal, you could add some meat – you might even happen upon some lobster lol
- 4 chestnut mushrooms (sliced into quarters)
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Black Pepper to sprinkle For the sauce:
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1-2 Jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup vegetable (or chicken if not vegan) broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 Courgettes (spiralized)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Toss your mushrooms with oil, salt and pepper and roast your mushrooms for 10 mins
- Whizz your sauce ingredients in a blender. Do a taste test, if you want more spice, garlic etc.
- Add the sauce to a pot on medium heat.
- Add in your courgettes and cook until heated through (about 3-4mins)
- Once done, serve with roasted mushrooms and olives on top
Courgettes will let out water so don't think the sauce is too thick when you first cook it and add water because the sauce will become too thin - which you don't want!
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!