Delicious Salmon Fillet with a Coconut Flour, Lemon & Herb Crust. The Best way to eat Salmon.
I am definitely convinced that this is THE BEST WAY to eat some cooked salmon. Seriously, have you ever heard of someone becoming addicted to salmon? No? Well, this is exactly what this recipe will turn you into: a Salmon Addict! Don’t you worry though, this is so much of a good thing that you’ll probably want to put it in your Twitter bio. (No joke, I already tried; I’m out of characters *sigh*)
So please, indulge yourself and give this recipe a try, share with your friends and make it a staple in your home.
I really love me some salmon. Weirdly though, I never used to like it cooked – it was smoked salmon or no salmon at all. I actually always felt cooked salmon to be a little bland and not one for much excitement. Every time I saw it on a restaurant menu.. in fact, I never saw it, I skipped past it like it was never even there.
Also, my problem was never just the seasoning but the actual salmon when cooked. There really is an art to cooking salmon you know. I found out the hard way; there’s a VERY THIN LINE between it being lusciously done and depressingly overcooked.
Thankfully, I’ve discovered the trick to making sure your salmon is PERFECTLY done.
The ingredient that makes this ten times better than the normal, everyday salmon recipe is.. COCONUT FLOUR. Yes, the addition makes this recipe all the more luscious and tasty. However, since coconut flour has more of a sweet taste, I think adding some herbs and bringing back the lemon juice gives it a great balance between sweet, savoury and oh so delicious. I used my favourite one: Biona Organic Coconut Flour
Now, the trick I use to make sure I never overcook my salmon is to bake the salmon – without preheating the oven. If you let it warm up with the oven, it meets that thin line perfectly. This works for fresh or thawed salmon only. Just to be safe, preheating your oven for frozen salmon is always best.
I hope that by now, I’ve completely convinced you to try this recipe out! It is super easy and quick (fresh salmon takes 30 mins from prep to plate) and might I add, a very healthy and nutritious meal: sure to be a staple in your home!
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of Lemon & Thyme seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of Parsley
- Half a Lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- Mix all your ingredients together in a tiny dish or bowl. I use a mug, so really whatever works for you. It should resemble a crumbly, wet mixture.
- Spread the mixture (like you would a paste) all over the salmon. It sort of sticks to the salmon but it can't defy gravity, so maybe don't try to rub it on the sides
- Place it on a baking sheet and pop it in the oven at 175C (350F) for 25 mins.
- Plate up and enjoy.