Indian Curried Beef Burgers with a Mango Cabbage Slaw – grilled beef burgers in curry seasoning with a decadent mango and cabbage slaw.
These Indian Curried Beef Burgers with Mango Slaw are such a delight! I don’t make burgers that often but when I do, I like to push the envelope a little. Since I’ve never made curried burgers before, I decided to let out the “Dora The Explorer” in me. So glad I did because these things are so luscious! Succulently spiced with curry seasonings and the anti-inflammatory turmeric these burgers are a huge hit!
The Mango Slaw recipe is actually taken from my Plantain Fishcakes recipe, except done a tad bit differently. Either way will work gloriously with these burgers though! I would suggest again to make sure you find a firm but ripe mango to work with. Oh and try not to eat half of the mango before the slaw is actually done!
For the burgers; I used my grill pan because I’m waiting on consistent sunlight in London to purchase an actual grill. If you have one, by all means double or triple this recipe and have yourself an early BBQ!
As I’m currently on my Whole 30, I am so determined to give myself the fancy meals without feeling like I’m missing something. What I mean is; just the idea of a diet, cleanse or detox suddenly means you’re missing out on something and you kinda have to work twice as hard to refute that. However, this meal right here makes healthy living worthwhile! Honestly, why would you want to eat any differently?
Seriously, this meal is so delicious – I ate all the burgers (except for the half I shared with my sister) and all the slaw myself. That does NOT make me selfish – just a tiny bit gluttonous lol!
What are some of your favourite burger patty flavours? Do you like your meat rare, medium or well done?
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 tbsp mild or hot curry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (optional)
- Pinch of Salt (I used Pink Himalayan)
- 1 Egg
- 1 whole mango (peeled & sliced lengthways)
- 1/2 large red cabbage (sliced lengthways)
- 2-3 carrots (julienned)
- 3 spring onions (sliced lengthways)
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- In a mixing bowl, add your beef, seasonings and egg. With a spoon (or using your hands) mix and incorporate well.
- Form into equal sized patties and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Next, move on to your slaw. Peel and dice all your ingredients.
- Squeeze in your lemon or lime juice then mix gently to incorporate.
- Once patties have been in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, heat up your grill pan till smoking hot.
- Take out your patties and add them to your grill pan.
- Grill for 5 minutes (for medium-well), flip and grill for another 5 minutes.
- Once patties are done, serve topped with the mango cabbage slaw.
For a rarer burger, reduce the time grilling by 1 min and for a well done burger add another minute to your grilling time
The Mango Slaw makes 4-6 servings (could be more depending on your regular serving size)
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!