A 30 minute Chicken Mushroom Pepper Stir Fry – super easy and quick week-night dinner. Paleo, Gluten Free and Soy Free Stir Fry recipe.
Here’s a really quick chicken stir fry recipe for you guys! A delicious Asian-style dish that can be ready in 30 minutes! Seriously, if you’re anything like me, sometimes you just need to eat something that doesn’t take any energy out of you. However, you still want the recipe to come out tasting delicious every time. Quick and tasty meals are such a lifesaver!
There have been days where I would have no energy in me to make something to eat; I would literally throw things together, not really minding what I was doing. Sometimes, this would go so bad for me and I end up having to force myself to eat. Other times, like with this chicken mushroom stir fry recipe, it would come out so good and so luscious, I’d feel the need to make it every other night that week!
This 30 Minute Chicken Mushroom Pepper Stir Fry can also be one of those recipes you can build on. Add in some cauliflower rice or use it as a filling for a wrap. To give it the healthiest punch, you can add in more veggies like broccoli, carrots, spinach etc. Just bear in mind, that it might take you a little more time – not too long though.
I use my favourite alternative to soy sauce for this recipe Coconut Aminos. I love this so much, I literally use it in all my stir fries. Safe to say, it’s become a staple in my home.
Hope you give this really easy Chicken Pepper Mushroom Stir Fry recipe a try – it’s literally just chicken with mushroom and peppers lol! However, what makes it great are the little additions of culinary love! For them days where you don’t even want to see the kitchen – getting up to cook this quick meal could really make your evening!
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 4 large button mushrooms diced
- 4 large chestnut mushrooms diced
- 3 chicken breasts diced or cut into thin strips
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried lemon & thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Dice up all your veggies and chicken and set aside ready for frying.
- Get a wok or a large frying pan (both with a lid) on high heat, add in your tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add in your onions, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. Cook these veggies for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep them from burning.
- Next, move your veggies aside in the pan and add in your chicken. Brown your chicken on all sides (whilst still stirring your veggies to keep them from burning) then mix together with your veggies.
- Add in your aminos and seasonings. Reduce the heat to a medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check occasionally, to make sure all is well - if you see your veggies getting a little too crisp, reduce the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use a food thermometer to check when your chicken is properly cooked - it should read 165F/74C or higher. Remember, the temperature takes a while to increase when you stick the thermometer in so wait till the number stops moving or begins to decrease to know the exact temperature.
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!