Easy Coconut Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries – Pancake day & Valentine’s day treat!
I remember last year, it being Pancake day and I only had the mere whispers of starting a food blog in my head. When I finally created one, I remember tweeting about how I would aim to bring out a recipe for each food celebration day. Fast forward to a year later, not only can I bring you something like this and this for Pancake day, I’ve also got a sweet Valentine’s day treat – ALL IN ONE!
I love Pancake day; I remember one time I made up this ridiculous Pancake song and sang it for my friend, who also loves Pancake day. The lyrics went something like “Pancakes, Pancakes, I love me some Pancakes”… don’t judge, I was never much of a freestyler.
Funny thing, I always make up ridiculous songs, then forget that I made them up. One time, I was singing a song about water and I was asking my friends, “Don’t you remember this song that they used to play on the adverts when we were younger?”
I legit convinced myself that this song I made up was from some type of Evian or Fruit Shoot advert. LOL. My friends kept looking at me like, “Why are we friends with this weirdo?” (Haha, they love me really)
This Easy Coconut Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries recipe is just that: EASY. This is the perfect, quick, put-together for pancake day or the sweetest, little, breakfast treat for Valentine’s day! You are totally free to top it with anything else you like but honestly, it works great as is!
Who wouldn’t want to wake up to chocolate pancakes and strawberries, right?
What are you having for pancake day? Do you have a valentine’s day treat planned?
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Cocoa or Cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Honey or Maple Syrup for drizzling
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs, coconut milk, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Next, using a sieve, add in your flour, cocoa, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat, add about two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Each pancake should be about two tablespoons worth to get the right size. Cook pancakes 2 minutes on each side.
- Once all pancakes are done, serve immediately with strawberries and honey drizzle.