Banana Ice-Cream and Apple Butter Parfait. Quick and sweet for Christmas.
Hmm.. With Christmas season upon us, all I think about is food!
Desserts mainly, as I know I have such a sweet tooth. The great thing is though, now I can figure out healthier desserts that won’t have me going into the new year 20 pounds fatter lol.
That’s more of an analogy. Not actually sure what 20 pounds looks like.
Anyway, this Banana Ice-Cream and Apple Butter Parfait is a great one for the Christmas table. It’s basically all fruit, the healthiest sweet treat I know of.
There are two ways to make this treat, the recipe contains one but because I really want you to try this, I’m giving you options.
So, the banana ice cream is the same way I make my Mango Banana Nicecream. Food processor or high-powered blender, frozen bananas (defrosted for about 10-15 mins) and a splash of milk. The second way involves using bananas and coconut cream (the top creamy part of a can of coconut milk – refrigerated overnight). Process the two until you get a creamy consistency.
For the apple butter, you could either use slow-cooked apple butter or cook your apples in some coconut oil on the stove. Add some cinnamon, nutmeg, honey or Coconut Sugar. Once cooked down, process until smooth. For 2 people, 3-4 apples would work.
I used slow cooked apple butter for this recipe. I dare say. it tastes so much richer. This recipe serves two but all you need to make more is 1 banana and 1/2 cup of apple butter for each person.
So, why not give this one a try? It’s so easy to put together and I’m thinking your guests will love you for it!
I still don’t know what my Christmas table is looking like this year – have you started planning?
- 2 Bananas (Frozen or room temp depending on which method you choose - see excerpt above)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tablespoons of Unsweetened Almond milk (or Coconut Milk)
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter/Sauce
- Candied Pistachios
- A handful of Pistachios
- 1 teaspoon of Honey or Coconut Sugar
- To make the ice-cream: process your bananas, vanilla and milk in a blender until smooth.
- For the candied pistachio crumb: Place the pistachios in a bag and with anything that could be used as a hammer (lol), crush the pistachios to the desired crumb texture you like.
- Add in some honey or coconut sugar and toast in a pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once you have these done, layer your banana cream and apple butter then use your candied pistachios to finish.
- Serve and enjoy the creamy goodness!