Earl Grey Lemon Poppyseed Loaf Cake – a delicious gluten free and paleo lemon poppyseed loaf cake infused with Earl Grey Rooibos Tea.
I promised you guys this Earl Grey Lemon Poppyseed Loaf Cake recipe and I delivered! Seriously, you must try this easy paleo cake out! If you have checked out my Homemade Earl Grey Paleo Jam post, you’ll see that I made the sweet paleo jam as an accompaniment to this cake. The flavours pair beautifully because they’re pretty much made of the same unique ingredient: Earl Grey Tea!
You can use any Earl Grey Tea you have; I used a mix of two types but my favourite is this Earl Grey Rooibos Tea. The flavours are a match made in heaven, this Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Cake has been given a delectable upgrade!
I’ve always wanted to make a gluten free cake that is moist and flavourful and finally, I have created something I will pass to my great-grandchildren! It’s that good! To be fair, most of my delicious recipes will end up in a recipe book for my future generation somewhere – they might even make some money off it lol!
Back to this recipe though, this is actually my first paleo loaf cake on this blog; however, I do have this really delicious paleo mug cake that I absolutely adore! You might want to give that one a try next!
This easy gluten free lemon poppyseed cake should take no longer than 50 mins to make from prep to plate. Not that you would plate up a cake but you know what I mean ha. I used my trusted 2lb (9″ x 5″/ 23cm x 13cm) loaf tin to bake this. It will come out so moist and it will stay that way for up to 4 days (if by some amazing reason it lasts past 2 days lol) in a fridge. You can simply bring it back up to room temperature to enjoy.
I’ll still be coming to you with many more recipes but I’m also working on some things advancing off WhittyPaleo.com, so it may get a tad bit quiet round here. Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get all the latest recipes straight to your inbox!
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1+ 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest (1 lemon’s worth)
- 1 tbsp earl grey tea leaves
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together your wet ingredients till fully incorporated.
- Next, sieve in your flours. Then, add in the rest of your dry ingredients and mix to fully incorporate.
- In a 2lb loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pour in your loaf cake mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve with Homemade Earl Grey Paleo Jam and enjoy!
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!