Almond Butter Banana Pancakes – Paleo, Gluten Free and Dairy Free pancakes with only three ingredients!
Almond Butter. Banana. A couple of eggs. These are the ingredients chosen to create this perfect, delicious and fluffy pancake recipe!
It might have taken A LOT (no seriously too many to count) of tries but I’ve finally hit the mark with just the right consistency for these Almond Butter Banana Pancakes. I’ve suffered through so many pancake recipes that were either soggy or oily or just everything a pancake shouldn’t be. It really made me wonder if people actually ate pancakes that way (I mean, it’s totally possible – we all have different tastes and so on).
The worst is when you wake up from a dream about pancakes on a Saturday morning and end up eating just the fruits you used to garnish them. Talk about a damper on your entire day.
Now, I can finally eat the pancakes I dream about – isn’t that great?!
It’s amazing how you really only need three ingredients for this Banana Almond Butter Pancakes recipe. Just the right amount of them produce almond butter pancakes that could literally be eaten on their own. I say three (with baking soda) + maybe some vanilla and honey but again those are practically optional with this.
I love the almond butter I use for this recipe as it has such a great taste and its wholly organic: Meridian Almond Butter.
You could totally make your own as well, I would do this but I actually really enjoy Meridian’s own so I don’t mind purchasing a tub full.
Feel free to garnish these almond banana pancakes with whatever you please, strawberries are another perfect pairing. Drizzle on some honey and your day is made!
Three-Ingredient Almond Butter Banana Pancakes - you only need these three main ingredients to make yourself a delectable breakfast!
- 2 Bananas (very ripe even almost black)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Almond Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- Some coconut oil or grass-fed butter of your choice for frying
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- Mash your bananas thoroughly in a mixing bowl and whisk in your eggs.
- Add in your almond butter and optional ingredients. Mix well until incorporated.
- Heat some oil in a pan at medium-low heat. Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of your pancake mix in the pan and wait about 3 minutes till you flip. Use a spatula it makes it so much easier. These pancakes may not bubble so just keep an eye on them so you don’t burn them!
- Serve with your garnish of choice and enjoy.
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!